At age 25 I can't even begin to explain how thankful and fortunate I am to see all four of my grandparents. Even though we live far away and I don't see them near as often as I would like (I'd love to see them everyday!), I love any and every opportunity I get to spend time with them.
Since tomorrow starts our Presidents Day long weekend, Gaines and I jumped at the chance to book flights to Madison, Wisconsin to see my grandparents (and my mom and dad are meeting us there...YAY!). :)
Gaines met my grandma Annie (my mom's mom) at the wedding, but since my Grampy couldn't travel, it'll be the first time they meet!! I am also really excited to show him a little part of where I spent my childhood. I loved spending weeks in the summer there with my family, swimming in the lake, decorating our bikes for the neighborhood Fourth of July parades, eating dinner at the club, going to the grocery store and getting bags and bags of candy with Grampy, and taking long walks around Madison with Annie.
I cannot wait to see you both soon!!!
(P.S. Annie is probably reading this on her iPad....how awesome is she?!)
(P.S. Annie is probably reading this on her iPad....how awesome is she?!)
I also I recently got to see my Grammy and Papa (my dad's parents), who live in Center Harbor, New Hampshire, the weekend before Thanksgiving. They are just the sweetest, most selfless people in the world and deserve every wonderful second of the forty-day cruise they're on right now. :)
Just had to throw in one more picture of my amazing grandmas after the wedding...
And I couldn't talk about my grandparents without mentioning how much I adore Gaines' sweet grandma, too. :)
Just looking at these pictures brings back so many memories and makes me so happy. Grandparents are great like that, aren't they?!









Another blogger game -- http://carafengle.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-blogger-game.html
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!!!!! Loved reading this one.
ReplyDelete