Monday, October 3, 2011

Birthday Weekend

It looks like I'm officially a quarter of a century old!  

We started the weekend by driving to Athens, where we hit my favorite places-- East West for dinner, Firehouse (or Casa de Fuego as we used to call it) for power hour, and then Bourbon Street for more drinks.  I'm slightly embarassed to say that I'm still the same at 25 that I was at 18.  

On Saturday my parents met us in Athens and I was so excited to see them!!

Somehow, my dad must have forgotten that our colors were red and black.  But I forgave him. ;) His high school best friend's son is a kicker for Mississippi State, so we tailgated with them...

and were joined by some of our college friends!
Justin, Katie, Megan, Michael, Gaines and me

Then, it was on to the game...

but my mom and I had to leave before half-time for our tradition of shopping followed by a drink outside at East West...

where we were joined by one of my best friends and college roommates Steph. :)

We headed back to Waynesboro that night and spent Sunday enjoying the nice weather, watching football, and hanging curtains.   We had Gaines' parents over for dinner, where we celebrated one more time. 

I made my husband cut my cake...

opened a couple of gifts...

and had my awesome family smile for a self-timer picture.

It was such a great weekend, and I really appreciate all of the calls, cards, and texts that make my (three-day long) birthday so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment