Our little kitchen window was lacking some pazazz, so I set out last weekend to fix that. I found fabric I loved at JoAnn Fabric (P.S. To all my teaching friends, they give a 15% discount!) that I bought a yard of, plus some brown grosgrain ribbon.
I cut my fabric to the length and width I wanted, plus a couple of inches on either side for the "hemming." I say that because I don't sew and think my mother-in-law says it best with her favorite phrase.... "If you can't glue it, don't do it." After I glued the edges, I hung up the fabric on the rod that was already there and attached two pieces of ribbon with velcro.
I hot glued some ribbon bows and viola!
I was really excited with the way it turned out and surprised at how simple and cheap the project was. I like how it adds a little warmth to the kitchen and ties in with the "dining room" window treatments.
Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment